The Incredible Mangoes

escapades of the queer birdie & doggie

7:28 AM

The Light of Other Days

Posted by spectrum |



my mother was reminding me today of how my father would call her reshma teasingly. and then she quoted some bulleh shah in a very cute beautiful way.

khair this particular one is wonderful and fitting. enjoy.


Aksar Shab e Tanhai

Often, on nights of solitude
Just a few, before sleep arrives, just a few.

Old things this heart was fond of,
Passed days of love.. come together...
Making you the light of my life.

And shed light on the state of my heart.


b

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is incredible. Love you for posting this!!!!! I want to kill myself - it's indescribable how she sings. I haven't heard her before. absolutely breathtaking!!!

Anonymous said...

Listen, how can I get any/more of her music? There is a tonne of stuff on youtube. Is their a site I can download off or buy cds? I'm seriously hyperventilating, am not going to be able to sleep until I do this.
hahhhaha

Anonymous said...

Got it, thanks!

spectrum said...

glad you like her! she is really just unbelievable

Post a Comment

Subscribe